The summer months are great for vacations but the heat can sometimes be overwhelming. Each year, the average temperature during summer rises. And it’s not going to dip into the lows any time soon. However, almost every homeowner can rely on their trusty air conditioning unit to keep them cool during the summer. But what happens when your AC unit dies out on you? Of course, calling a professional for air conditioner repair is your safest option. However, there are other things that you could do to prevent problematic situations with your air conditioning unit. Check out these air conditioning tips to beat the summer heat.
Tips on caring for your air conditioning unit
- Calling a professional – nothing beats professional assistance in the event your air conditioning unit breaks down. Professionals like Florence HVAC Experts know everything there is about air conditioning units and they could repair any sort of damage. Although the fact remains that you have to pay for a professional, you do have the peace of mind that your AC unit will be in good hands and is sure to be up and running in record time.
- Give your air conditioning unit some cleaning – your AC will be needing some cleanup sooner or later depending on a number of factors. These may include usage and environment. The more you use your air conditioning unit, the more frequent maintenance will be. Add in a dirty environment and your AC unit will be bound for maintenance much sooner. For central air conditioners, clean the part of the unit that’s inside the house first. It’s the easiest to clean and the most convenient. Next up is the condenser. Make sure that nothing is leaning on the condenser. Anything that leans on it may block the intake and output of air, making your unit work much harder to cool your house.
- Change the filters – the most common item that requires the most number of maintenance per year are the filters. HVAC units will demand that you replace the filters to avoid system inefficiency. However, for window type air conditioning units, most of the filter used is reusable. They only need a quick rinse and the dirt will all be gone.
Why clean/replace the air filter more frequently? The air filter is what filters out the foreign particles that may be in the air. By doing so, air filters suck in a lot of dirt over time. This means the system could potentially be inefficient due to poor airflow as a result of dirty filters. This, in turn, leads to increased energy bills each month.
- Inspect the AC unit – if you don’t know much about HVAC and air conditioning units, it is best to leave the inspection to a credible HVAC contractor. A qualified contractor will perform a number of tests to see if the air conditioning unit requires maintenance, repair, or replacement.
- End of season care – at the end of each season, AC units must be maintained and looked after. This is particularly important at the beginning of summer where the AC unit will likely be working most. It makes sense to take good care of the air conditioning unit before summer to ensure that it works quite well.
Call Florence HVAC Experts now to inquire about their air conditioner maintenance services.
Florence HVAC Experts
Florence, SC 29501