It’s important to have your HVAC running perfectly before summer officially rolls in. If not, you will likely face certain issues with your system that will leave you with an uncomfortable summer. You should have maintenance done by mid to late spring to make sure that everything works perfectly when summer rolls in. Even so, you might face some issues with your HVAC during this summer.
Here are some issues that you should look out for:
- Refrigerant leaks – depending on how often you have your Florence HVAC maintained, the likelihood of the refrigerant in your system leaking may rise or fall. Either way, a refrigerant leak is a serious problem that should be addressed immediately. If there is no refrigerant in the system or is at low levels, the system would cease to provide cooling inside your home. You may notice that both the fan and the compressor are working but no cool air is being produced. Your air conditioning is heavily reliant on the refrigerant being pumped through the copper piping. Without it, there will be no cooling effect.
- Rising humidity levels – while this one is not the fault of your HVAC, it definitely deserves some attention. Be aware that rising humidity levels inside your home will make it harder for the air conditioning system to cool the air. To get past this problem, you could have your HVAC contractor install a dehumidifier to remove the excess humidity in the air. You will notice it taking effect when your skin no longer feels sticky.
- Hampered airflow – again, the lack of proper maintenance will have a huge impact on how efficient your system will run. If your HVAC has not been properly cleaned, it may not produce enough heating and cooling throughout the year. With that said, it is important to keep the air filters clean. They need to be swapped out periodically to keep airflow at the most efficient levels. It can easily be done but has a huge impact on the overall performance of the system.
- Poor indoor air quality – the quality of air inside your home will suffer when your HVAC system is not working properly. To keep the quality of air inside your home relatively high, the system must provide ample airflow to not allow the air to go stale.
- Energy bill spike – when your HVAC system is not cared for correctly, it will not run very efficiently. When this happens, the system will need to work harder in order to meet the settings set on the thermostat. In turn, this will use up more electricity than it used to. This then translates to increased power consumption and a spike in your energy bill. To prevent this issue, you should have your system maintained on a regular basis by HVAC professionals such as Florence HVAC Experts.
Don’t let HVAC problems ruin your summer. Call Florence HVAC Experts today for maintenance, repair, and upgrades.
Florence HVAC Experts
Florence, SC 29501