Your air conditioning unit is what keeps you sane in the scorching heat of summer. It’s a vital piece of everyday living that a lot of people just can’t live without, particularly those living in the warmer regions. For the most part, your air conditioning unit would work just fine. However, give it a few months without maintenance and you would have an A/C unit that won’t produce the same cold air it did when you first got it. Why does this happen? Maintenance is a key part in keeping you’re A/C functioning well. It’s a vital part of your HVAC system that keeps the temperature at home on a comfortable range. Here are some reasons why your air conditioning unit isn’t cooling:
Top reasons that cause you’re A/C unit to fail and when to have air conditioner repair
- Bad thermostat settings – you shouldn’t be too quick at putting all the blame on your air conditioning unit just yet. There could be another possible culprit to why your A/C won’t work well. Bad thermostat settings can ruin your day with an uncomfortable temperature range. If you aren’t sure where to start, your thermostat would be a good place to begin. Check your thermostat for the correct settings. If you have some extra cash lying around, you might want to consider buying one of those smart thermostats to so you don’t have to make manual adjustments every time.
- Dirty air filter – Have you ever gone to check on your air filter? Maybe you should take a look at it. A dirty air filter chokes the system. The dirt on the filter can block air from coming in. aside from choking the system, dirty air filters can also make your air conditioning unit work harder than it should.
- Clogged or closed air vents – your HVAC system won’t compete without properly installed and a working ventilation system. It’s an integral part of the cooling process. If the vents are closed or clogs, you might not get the cooling that you want. If you suspect there is a clog in your vents, call an HVAC contractor and have it fixed. You’ll be saving money the soonest you have it fixed.
- Refrigerant issues – if you think you’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work, maybe the problem is with the unit’s refrigeration. Having leaks would lead to no cooling at all. Your fan and compressor might work but it won’t produce any cold air. In such cases, call your local Florence HVAC contractor and have your air conditioning unit checked out.
- Leaking ducts – another cause for concern are leaking air ducts. When you have leaks in your ducts, it not only costs you the comfort you want but also money through energy bills. If you see that there’s a tear in a section of your ducts, have it repaired immediately.
- Dirty outdoor unit – go outside and check the status of your outdoor unit. See any twigs, leaves, or any debris that’s covering the unit? If there is, clean it up and make sure that the surrounding area where your outdoor unit is located is clean.
- Having an older unit – if your air conditioning unit is fairly old, you might want to consider upgrading. Older units tend to break down more often than newer ones due to normal wear and tear throughout the years.
- Insufficient capacity – if you A/C unit does have not enough capacity, it will work harder to achieve desired temperatures. There’s also a possibility that it will not reach the required temperatures, leading to discomfort. Consult experts like Florence HVAC Experts before you purchase a new air conditioning unit. They can help you figure out what size and capacity to buy for your home.
Call Florence HVAC Experts if you need qualified professionals to maintain your HVAC system.
Florence HVAC Experts
Florence, SC 29501