Duct cleaning is a major part of HVAC maintenance. However, not a lot of homeowners know when and why it is done. From a broader point of view, duct cleaning is basically ridding the air ducts of any foreign materials like dust, debris, and other particles. This is done to prevent any problems later on. There are also other benefits of cleaning the air ducts. This article will point out when, why, and the benefits of cleaning the air ducts at home.
When is the perfect time to have duct cleaning?
Most people know little about duct cleaning and how it works or if they need it at all. If you asp professionals like Florence HVAC Experts, they would tell you a number of things that would result in you need to have your ducts cleaned. To sum it up, there’s no magic formula that can tell when duct cleaning is necessary. However, there are signs that can tell you that it is time to have it done. Here’s what you should be looking out for:
- There is visible mold growth inside the ducts or any other parts of the HVAC system. Mold growth can be problematic not only to your system but also to your health. Mold can impede the normal working order of the HVAC system. Other than that, there may be health issues that could come from exposure to mold.
- There is vermin or other animal infestation in the ducts. Rats, squirrels, and other animals can make their way into the ductwork and build their nest. This can severely impede the airflow in the system.
- There is excessive amounts of dust, debris, and other particles coming out of the ducts. This can be caused by several factors and should be checked out by an HVAC contractor.
Why should you have duct cleaning Florence?
Duct cleaning can have a direct impact on the performance of your HVAC system in general. With this in mind, it is necessary to have your ducts cleaned when the aforementioned signs appear. Also, there are benefits of having duct cleaning done. Here are some of the benefits you could expect:
- Better air quality – when the ducts are clean, indoor air quality is a lot better.
- Better HVAC performance – without any factors that impeded the performance of the HVAC system like dirty or clogged ducts, it can perform much better.
- Better energy consumption – in general, a well-maintained HVAC system is one that is energy efficient. Keeping your ducts clean is one way of making sure the system does not take up too much energy.
Why should you have duct cleaning done by professionals?
There are plenty of reasons why you should have your ducts cleaned by professionals. The primary reason is safety. This is not just for the safety of the worker but for the system and your home as well. HVAC contractors would know how to properly approach ducts and clean them. Other than that, they would have the necessary equipment to make proper cleaning possible.
Call Florence HVAC Experts if you have any concerns about your HVAC system.
Florence HVAC Experts
Florence, SC 29501