Many Florence homeowners are continuously looking for heating and air conditioner tips to help them properly maintain their HVAC systems. As a result, they will not have to constantly pay for repairs and replacements. In addition to this, they also help conserve natural resources by not using as much electricity.
One of the most important heating and air conditioner tips to help you maintain your HVAC systems is to work with an experienced, licensed and trustworthy company to assist you in completing challenging maintenance tasks that may require special skills and tools. Florence heating and air conditioning experts offer both system maintenance and regular inspections as well as emergency service repairs.
Here are some other tips that will help you better take care of your heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
Follow a maintenance plan
One thing you should know about proper and effective maintenance is that it is a routine. You need to have a maintenance plan that you will follow on a weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.
- Every week, you should make sure you are using clean and unclogged high-efficiency filters for your air conditioning system. This is especially true during the summer and winter seasons when you will be using your HVAC systems continuously throughout the day and night.
- Aside from this, you also need to ensure that your outdoor units have at least 2 feet of clear space around it. Thus, there should be no dust, debris, and dirt like grass, fallen leaves, and branches on your outdoor unit. Remember that your outdoor unit needs clear space around it to be able to suck in air that it will convert to cold air before releasing inside the house.
- On a monthly basis, heating and air conditioning maintenance includes replacing filters with new or clean ones. If you have disposable ones, you should have several new ones available at home so you can easily replace them whenever necessary. If you have washable ones, strictly follow the instructions for removing, washing, drying, and replacing the filters in your HVAC system.
- Annual maintenance generally consists of having your unit inspected by your HVAC contractor to ensure the unit is in tip-top shape. This inspection also helps identify potential problems and repairs or resolve them before they become real problems and cause damage to the entire system.
- Other heating and air conditioner tips
Below is a list of other maintenance tips you can follow to help you better take care of your HVAC systems.
- Invest in a high-quality air filter. This is especially true if you live with someone who has allergies. There are filters that have an electrostatic charge that will attract and trap tiny particles present in the air including pollen and other allergens.
- If you have pets, you will need to change or wash your air filters more frequently. Have several clean filters on hand to help you easily replace them.
- Inspect all insulation and refrigerant lines of your entire heating and air conditioning systems. Make sure they are not leaking or are damaged in any way. Repair or replace them at once should you notice signs of wear and tear.
- Make sure your entire home is tightly sealed. Small gaps and holes throughout the house may cause indoor air generated by your heating and air conditioning unit to leak outdoors. As a result, your HVAC system will have to work harder – and use more electricity – to generate sufficient indoor air to either warm or cool your house.
- Have a Florence HVAC company professionally clean your heating and air conditioning system at least once a year. Florence HVAC Experts has the right tools and equipment necessary to effectively and professionally clean your systems, ensuring there are no clogs inside all airways.
It is extremely important for every homeowner to be able to properly and effectively take care of their HVAC systems. Give Florence HVAC Experts a call now to learn more about heating and air conditioner tips and to inquire about their services. You may reach us at (843) 636-3260.
Florence HVAC Experts
Florence, SC 29501