A lot of people know what an HVAC or heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system is. However, not a lot know about the components that make the entire system work, let alone certain aspects of it that are often used. In this article, we’ll be talking about the individual components of an HVAC system and how they work. This is to shed some light on the operations behind the system and how you can deal with problems in the future or if any.
What you need to know about your HVAC system
- Furnace or heat pump – in general, the furnace or heat pump takes up the most space among the rest of the components in the system. Due to its size, the heat pump or furnace is often placed in the basement. Most of the time, it is confused with a boiler but they are both different components.
- Heat exchanger – have you ever wondered how an HVAC Florence provides the hot air that circulates inside the house? Basically, what a heat exchanger does is it provides the heat to the air from the combustion chamber.
- Evaporator coil – this is the section of the HVAC system that provides the cooling. A refrigerant is pumped through the evaporator coil which then draws heat from the air and throws outside the house through the condenser coils. The cooling effect is brought about by a simple principle of taking out heat from the air through the coils. The air is then circulated through the ductwork to provide comfort inside the house.
- Condenser coil – this is the part where the heat is exchanged. The heat that was drawn inside the house through the evaporator coil will be blown out through the condenser coil. The condenser coil is often enclosed in the outside unit. When you walk past the condenser coil, you will notice that hot air is being produced. If you notice that the condenser coil is no longer giving off heat, you should contact professionals like Florence HVAC Experts to solve the problem.
- Thermostat – This is the part that controls the temperature inside the house. You can call it the brains of the operation. Some older thermostats have knobs or you can dial in the temperature that you desire. However, newer, more modern thermostats, can be controlled with different settings. Smart thermostats make use of advanced technology which allows the user to program settings which makes the system more efficient.
- Ductwork – the ductwork is basically the veins and arteries of the system. This is where the air flows in and out of the system. It is essential for an HVAC system to have a properly working ventilation system and ductwork. This is so the air inside the house is not stale and that temperature control is done efficiently. When there is any blockage or leakage in the ductwork, an HVAC contractor must be called in. Problems occurring with the ductwork will hamper the performance of the system overall. It is important to keep every component of the system working seamlessly to prevent unnecessary breakdowns.
Call Florence HVAC Experts if you need help in anything related to heating and cooling.
Florence HVAC Experts
Florence, SC 29501